3.25.2011

Azeem's (aka Mark Ultra) Random Quotes. With Translations (for the uninitiated listener)

" People say my  lyrics go over the average listeners heads. To be honest, there was a time when I tried to "dumb it down" and guess what? It sounded terrible. I ceased being an artist. All we can do is be ourselves otherwise we have nothing unique to offer. So I never tried to be "deep". I'm just saying what pops into my head like the next song writer..we just might be on two separate frequencies.." -Azeem  




Most of these quotes are from the Creme De La Ultra album 'The Best of The Beyond'

This will be a weekly series... 
Random Quotes w Translations (for the uninitiated listener)



~



Quotes- "All time greatest? Nope. The Devils a Goat from the G.od O.f A.ll T.hings
Come my rebelish quotes..." 

Translation- Not long ago, a lot of  rappers were claiming to be GOAT's or
" Greatest Of All Times.." But Allah is the true and only Greatest anything...
Even though the pagan symbol of Satan is.. A goat formed from a pentagram.  


~


Quote-" I aint stopping till I call my helicopter up to get me. Like- "come swoop me, you a mile away, page me. I want 40 acres and a Black Hawk- PAY ME!"

Translation- That's from the song "My People" aka (I)F U pay me (Feat Kumasi). The line refers to the "40 Acres and a Mule"
Africans were supposed to receive for their labor in America. I don't need a mule. I take a Black Hawk though. Fully loaded. 

~


Quote- "You can take this sideways, get over it or under-stand. A colic baby I been abused by uncle sam"

Translation- You can take this all sensitive and funny style, or  just be like "whatever",
Or, really feel me. There is still injustice and inequality in America. Who feels it knows..


~


Quote- "I don't know no better. My lyrics just get up and breathe. The street is metal all my people got magnetic knees. You could leave with a medical need or a mental disease. Because the world is the devils machine"

Translation- My lyrics are alive. My people seem to be stuck to the ways of the street. If you get caught up in it, you could end up damaged because its a system built on materialism and evil.. 

~


Quote- "All the lyrics are pictures. I wrote this Image so you See what a Prince is. Another way to depict it- that tunnel with that Light - you can see from a dis-tance. Where flames and black fists lift, in a sentence and crush the metropolis..YUP, just as predicted.
That's a beautiful vision. I just painted Armageddon and made it sound like heaven..."   

Translation
That light at the end of the tunnel may not be what you think it is....
"Not even di dog dat piss pon di wall of Babylon can escape its judgement!" 

No comments: